Monday, April 19, 2010

Competency: Internet

For this competency I would like to introduce everyone to blip.tv. It is a website that broadcasts independent shows and supports independent video bloggers. What I like about this site is that it seems to take on more personal responsibility than youtube and provides more helpful information and discussions than other video searches.

For example, YALSA, Young Adult Library Services Association, has it's own channel on blip.tv.

I found blip.tv while performing a search on dogpile for information pertaining to young adult librarianship. I then eventually weeded my search down to contain YALSA and was given a list of videos of theirs on blip.tv.

Here is a video I've found through blip.tv that discusses risks in young adult library services:

No comments:

Post a Comment