Monday, April 12, 2010

Competency 7: Image

This blog also relates to banned books. I aspire to be a young adults librarian one day, and when I am I will encourage the reading of banned books. The topic seems kind of ridiculous at times. I remember when I was a freshman getting my undergraduate degree at Stephen F. Austin I somehow stumbled upon Mark Twain's The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn. I remember laughing hysterically on my top bunk bed and my roommate asking me what was so funny. Now that I'm much older I don't only appreciate Mark Twain's wit, but the fact that he was the first writers to ever give a positive voice and perspective of a black man. But, due to mild racially charged language The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn is on banned book lists.

I found the following comic as I was going through some blogs and I wanted to share it on mine. I found it on a fine blog entitled Techfun that relates to Web 2.0, technology, and occasionally the library sciences. Techfun then lead me to another related blog called Unshelved that specializes in comics relating to technology and the library sciences, which is a great spot to kill some time for any librarian or technology enthusiast/geek.

Here is the comic I'd like to share:

No comments:

Post a Comment